January 20, 2009

D-Day




Well, Obama is in and Bush is out. I have SO many comments and I'm not really sure what is PC to say and what isn't... LOL! Sooooo... here are my thoughts on "this historic day" : )


I believe that Bush did a great job leading our Nation. He was faced with many unexpected trials and I believe that he handled them the best he knew how. I don't think that any one of "us" could have done it any better or would have wanted to handle it for that matter!


I've learned a lot over the last year while I've been in school. I've learned what the responsibilities/duties are of the different offices of government as well as their limitations.


I see that Barack Obama promises so many things that he seemingly cannot deliver. Whether it be outrageously unattainable or just plain outside of what he is "legally" capable of delivering.... I do not think it can be done. I am concerned about the truth. That the truth will be blurred. I am concerned that he will promote for us to lose our differences and for all to be the same.... "one". Differences is what makes us the good ole USA people!!! Our differences is what sets us apart from the rest of the world. Why change that? I agree that peace is good and unity is good too.... but not to the point where it erases our individuality.


Only time will tell and only God knows what is to come. I'm curious to see what the future holds!

No comments: