June 19, 2008

Time goes by....

Man, it feels like it's just been a few years since I graduated high school and was off to explore the "real world". The reality is it's been almost 12 years since that day!!! I can't believe that 30 is staring me in the face.

Who knew that a number could present such mixed emotions. On one hand, there are so many things that I've not accomplished yet and I'm about to put 30 years behind me. On the other hand, it feels like life is just beginning! This still so much to see and do! I set out at 20 years old thinking I knew how life was going to go and what I was going to do but I only found out that God had other plans! He took me way out of my comfort zone to a city in the middle of nowhere to teach me social skills and to make some lifelong friends. Then i was able to realize my love of the outdoors while I worked at a camp and an outdoor school. After that, I was able to find a job that I loved (b/c who doesn't love coffee!) and use those skills as a volunteer at church. I was able to gain invaulable leadership skills and put them into practice under a skillfully guided hand! I have been able to heal old wounds with family and reconcile relationships that seemed lost for good. I lived in another nation on the other side of the world and deepened my relationship with God. There, i learned my purpose in life and found the desire to see it to fruition.
Man, the last 10 years of my life have been full of unexpected surprises, disappointments, successes and failures. It's been a ride I never could have planned for! I must say, I've loved every thing about the last 10 years. Granted there are moments I would NOT want to live over again! LOL! I know that the next decade is not in my hands (although some days I think it should be) and that whatever God has in store for me will be good! I can't wait to see what it holds!!!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Yeah its been funny to me that 30 didn't freak me out like I thought it would. But thats credit to GOD because I'm on a totally new path in my life which makes me feel "young" as though I'm starting over (in a good way!) I've loved hearing Tim McGraw's song "My Next 30 Years" :-) Happy early Birthday my friend! You don't look a day over 22!