July 28, 2008

Denominational Discrepancies


So here is the thought for the day.... Inside of Christianity there are many denominations... lutheran, baptist, protestant, non denominational (not a denomination but still a division), etc. We all claim to believe in the same God right? The same creator of the universe? So, with that said why is it that within these denominations people believe that God can only move in their denomination? Isn't God all knowing and all powerful? If so, then what makes any one better than the other? Last time I checked, God was checking my heart, and my heart only, in relation to my relationship with Him. So, if that's the case, as long as I know what I believe and I'm good with God does it matter which Christian Church I worship in? If the church is teaching the truth and I can verify their teaching with the word of God then who cares.... right? Shouldn't you worship in a place where you're connecting with God.... where God is speaking to you through the message and through worship? Last time I checked with God that was the important part. To be taught the true word of God and to have a relationship with Him. To live out His word. Something to think about huh??? : )

No comments: