July 25, 2008

A Good Read


So, I tend to be a bit of a bookworm. The only unfortunate thing is that the only books I've had time to read are textbooks! LOL! I'm on a 5 week break from school and I decided that I needed to get a book to read that was not related to school during this time. So, I picked up "Walking With God" by John Eldredge. My friends laughed when I told them I picked a book that was an "easy read". John Eldredge is an easy read but his writing is VERY thought provoking. This book was written in a unique way. It's written in seasons (fall, winter, spring & summer) instead of chapters. The reason behind his logic in writing this way is that God walks us through seasons of life so when you're talking about walking with God why would you write chapters.... seasons are more appropriate. All of that said.... this book is AWESOME! It's one of those books where you just read a few pages every night and then you think about what you read. It's encouraging too! John Eldredge talks about how everyones walk with God is different and how you shouldn't compare your walk with someone elses. He also talks about how you have to have a conversational relationship with God. Man.... if you're looking for a good read that's uplifting, encouraging, and thought provoking you MUST get this book!

2 comments:

Harold Green said...

:) Guess I'm having a more shallow week - reading the DV Rebels Guide. Not thought-provoking, just makes you want to go out & play.

Anonymous said...

let's face it, if there's anything I have right now it's time, perhaps that will be my late summer read!